Welcome to The Chester Library!
Please read below for our current hours and other important information you need to know to make your experience in the Chester Library as pleasant as possible.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
- Building access will be limited to 25 patrons at a time. If there are 25 patrons in the Library, you will be asked to wait outside or return at a later time.
- We ask that you find and check out your items as quickly as possible without lingering in the Library as we want to minimize health risks for everyone as well as allowing access for as many people as possible each day.
- Face coverings are required for both staff and patrons by Executive Order 157. If you have a condition which makes mask-wearing difficult, please call the Library to take advantage of our curbside pick-up service.
- There will be no:
- Coffee service
- Use of Quiet Study, Group Study, Larison Rooms
- Restroom access
- Loitering, congregating, meetings, tutoring or any activity that involves multiple patrons in close proximity for a period of time
- Notary service
- Most Library programs will continue to be held virtually, although as the weather improves we will begin to host some outdoor programs as well.
- Limited seating is available to read newspapers, Valueline or other materials. You must register for a seat when you arrive. At this time, we ask that you limit your time in the library to one hour.
- There are 2 computers available for use at the library. Computer use is by appointment only to M.A.I.N. library card holders and patrons are limited to one hour per day, no exceptions.
- Photocopiers are available for use. Please note staff are unable to provide change so bring correct change (the printer does accept $1 and $5 bills).
- Technical assistance on computers or photocopiers is limited at this time due to social distancing requirements.
- Before traveling to another library, please call that library and ask about services they are offering. It should be noted that every community is different and there are a number of libraries that may have different processes in place.
Did you know that the Chester Library has an extensive collection of digital materials available to library card holders? You can check out e-books, audiobooks, magazines, streaming content and more! Visit here for digital materials: https://chesterlib.org/subject/download-stream/.
Please don’t hesitate to call the Library for guidance on using any of these resources.
Lesley Karczewski, Director