Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Chester Library advocate and raise funds for the Chester Library.
Did you know the Friends of the Chester Library raise funds to pay for over 500 adult and youth programs each year?
- Adult Programs, including Yoga, computer classes, Friday afternoon movies, lectures, Senior Lunch n Learns, craft programs and more.
- Youth Programs, including story times for babies and preschoolers, Summer Reading Club, family programs, PAWS Reading, teen programs and more.
The Friends also pay for museum passes every year:
- Museum of Early Trades and Crafts
- The Morris Museum
- The Stickley Museum
- The Intrepid
The Friends of the Chester Library are committed to:
- Promoting and improving library services, materials and facilities to the community.
- Raising funds for immediate and long-range projects.
Our funds have been raised from:
- Membership dues
- On-going Pop-Up Book sales (Click here for information about donating books for the Friends book sales.)
- Wine with Friends fundraiser
- Annual shredding event
- Tote Bags
The Chester Library needs friends… it’s as simple as that! There’s still time to get involved! Please contact us and sign up for one of the following committees:
Pop-ups: Introducing pop-up sales have proven to be a revenue booster and we want to continue offering this successful and fun option to our patrons. Working with established co-chairs, this committee would create and manage the themed display for the books and maintain the incoming donations and stored inventory.
Wine With Friends: This is our signature event and we look forward to another successful evening in 2019. Working with established co-chairs, volunteers will help manage wine, food, music, auction items, and publicity.
Membership and Outreach: The friends need friends! This committee will work with established co-chairs to create and implement ongoing and sustaining membership campaigns, as well as manage our online social media profile.
On-call volunteers: Not sure which committee to sign up for? No problem! Just sign up here to let us know you’d love to help us out and we will keep you in the loop.
You can reach us at Friends@chesterlib.org
Alex Halem, Co-President
Carolina Rodriguez, Co-President
Namrta Shah, Treasurer