Afternoon Book Club
The Afternoon Adult Book Club is for anyone 18 and older who loves to read and wants to discuss great books with other members of the community. We typically meet on the third Tuesday of the month from 1:30 pm-3:00 pm. Please register on the Library calendar. The book is agreed upon each month by the members to ensure everyone has time to read the book.
In order to promote an open and friendly environment, we ask that members please:
- Speak up when you have something you want to contribute to the conversation. Do not feel pressured to speak if you are content to listen to others.
- Listen thoughtfully to others when they are speaking so that you can respond or carry on the conversation from where the last person left off.
- Respect others’ opinions, especially when they differ from your own.
- Be brief when talking to help ensure that everyone has the opportunity to speak.
- Do not talk over one another or have side conversations that disrupt the main discussion.
- Keep personal political and religious viewpoints out of the discussion unless they relate to the book being discussed.
- Do not feel pressure to finish the book. Your interest in the topic alone is enough to contribute to the conversation and you can still learn and have fun listening to others discuss the book.